Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Snowy Sunday At Home

Since both my wife and I have physical limitations which include hindered breathing ability, we had to forgo going to church today due to the windy, below freezing, snowy weather.

After breakfast we watched John MacArthur preach a sermon from Ephesians 5 on spiritual warfare. We would rather have been in church, but since we couldn't be there we still wanted to hear teaching from the Word of God.

After lunch I asked DebbieLynne if she felt like playing Bookwormon her computer while I sat alongside to kibitz. Actually what I most enjoy doing is watch her find great words to play and get lots of points.

After a while I had to lie down to rest. When I got up again shortly before supper she was still playing BookWorm and I watched as she made it to 1,100,000 points, level 30, which she'd never done before. I don't know which of us enjoyed it more, her doing it or me getting to watch her reach the new level. She comes up with awesome words that I never would think of. (After all, she was an English Literature major in college.)


No comments:

Post a Comment